A1200 Motherboard Repairs (part 4)

Still looking at the 1.D.1 board with the bad capacitors and missing IDE connection.

I managed to clean up the IDE connector as you can see below. A little flux and the solder pump did the job. I also removed and replaced all the original capacitors and replaced with new ones. The board cleaned up very well.

I sourced the replacement IDE connector from AmigaKit. Installation was very easy on a clean board. Just slot it in and apply a little liquid flux to the solder point. Then its just a matter of making sure not to apply too much solder. Results look good to me.

When I finished cleaning up the board, I connected a 4Gb CF hard drive and boot it up. Loaded Workbench first time.

Another board fully restored. So that only leaves the one with the video color problem…..

You may also like...

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

Bot check *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.