I’ve been playing around making my own English copy of Mario RPG for SNES. Also a Star Fox 2 cartridge while I was at it.
Click the image or Here to see more details on this little project.
8Bitplus had teamed up with Razoola from the Universe Bios (Unibios) project for Neo-Geo as an Official 3rd Party installer.
I can now provide and install the official Unibios chip when you send your system to me. This covers the full MVS range, AES and CD systems. All installations by myself are fully tested and completed to a high standard.
What can the UniBios do for your Neo-Geo?
- Switch between AES and MVS game play types.
- Change region of any system without external switches
- Full host of developer and debug options.
- Soft rebooting on MVS boards.
- Cheat database for each game.
- Memory, save game and high score management.
- Loads more, See full feature list here.
Please note I only provide the Universe Bios when installing. I don’t offer them for sale individually.
If you have a Neo-Geo and would like an Official Universe Bios installing, please contact me here.
- Neo Geo AES Unibios installation £39
- Neo Geo MVS Unibios Installation £39
- Neo Geo CD Unibios Front Loader installation £42
- Neo Geo CD Unibios Top Loader installation £60
- Neo Geo CDZ Unibios installation £60
Also, please checkout some of my latest Unibios installations.
I just got my first Universal Programmer last week, and thought for a test run I’d make a SuperCIC ship for my SNES.
All that’s needed is a PIC16F630 and the Lock code from the developers site. All credit to Ikari_01 for the time and skills to reverse engineer the Nintendo CIC Lockout device.
So this mod allows me to remove my existing 50/60hz and CIC disabling switches. Its a fully switchless mod using the reset button to change modes. SuperCIC also allows full compatibility between PAL and NTSC games and behaves just as either of the original CIC chips.
Expect more BIOS and EPROM programming projects to feature here soon….
Finished with my latest commission work. A PC Engine Duo was sent in for a full service, board re-cap, RGB Amp and dual region mod. Take a look how it turned out.
PC Engine Duo (first version) can suffer from bad caps after so many years resulting in audio and CD problems. I always recommend changing them. RGB modification is also a must. Its hard to believe NEC didn’t include RGB output on most PC Engine consoles
If you have any console that needs repairs, capacitor replacement or upgrades, please get in contact here.