Console repair and commission work request terms and conditions.
By sending hardware to 8bitplus you are agreeing to the following terms and conditions. I recommend reading the following and checking with me if you have any questions or concerns.
- The customer must provide all information needed for 8bitplus to make an accurate quote.
- Parts that may be required may vary in price from the original quote. In most cases 8bitplus will honour the original quote but in some cases the price may be higher than listed.
- The customer must disclose any problems and defects with the hardware that may prevent 8bitplus from completing work.
- Return postage prices are based on flat rates depending on package size, wight, speed of service and amount of insurance required. Price changes sometimes happen with international postage services.
- The customer is responsible for securely packing and sending the console. Instructions will be given as to what cables or power adaptors, if any, will be required to be posted along with the console.
- 8bitplus is not responsible for damage to your hardware caused by transportation. The customer will have to take this up with the courier themselves. We always recommend using reputable carriers and taking out adequate insurance on your package depending on value.
- Any customer sending a console from outside the UK is fully responsible for any export/import duties, taxes or additional fees. These may be added to the customers bill and/or requested as immediate payment. 8bitplus is not responsible for customer goods loss or damage at costumes inspection, or if the package is refused on inspection.
Work and repairs
- Customer hardware will be visually inspected on arrival to make sure it conforms to the initial description.
- The hardware will be tested to check functionality to confirm with customer description before any work is started. If any major problems are identified preventing the completion of work that were not disclosed by the customer, 8bitplus has the right to charge a fee of up to £15 for the time required, and return the hardware with postage costs payable by the customer.
- Faults reported by the customer will be confirmed before any work commences.
- 8bitplus can not 100% guarantee that all hardware is fixable and in some cases can cost more to repair than to replace.
- We can also not guarantee that replacement part will be available from suppliers when required.
- 8bitplus is a single man operation. The time frame quoted is subject to change without prior notice. The time I have available to allocate to work is not guaranteed, and extremely limited. Please keep this in mind. Customers will be informed of progress and changes to schedules if they change.
- At times of high work load 8bitplus may be unable to accept repair requests.
- Goods will not be released until payment is received in full.
- Payment must be paid in full within 15 days unless other arrangements have been made prior to invoicing.
- Some work orders may require a deposit to cover the cost of parts ordered in from overseas which are not held in stock. Arrangements for this will be made during quotation.
- By default Parcel Force or Hermes are used for most packages over 1kg within the UK. Lighter, or low value packages are sent via Royal Mail. If the customer wishes to use a different curries for return postage they must specify before postage is booked.
- Packages are always sent with insurance based on the content value, and will require a signature for delivery. Tracking is included by default for most packages, depending on service.
- Tracking details will be sent to the customer when they become available.
- The customer must provide a valid and complete return address either by email or written note included with the console/hardware.
- Although 8bitplus is not directly responsible for a package when handed over to a carrier, I will always follow up postage and delivery cases and keep the customer informed via email.
- The customer can cancel the work request any time up to the time work has started.
- Return postage charges will still apply to any cancelled work if the customer wishes for it to be returned.
Updated Aug 2019.
What payment methods do you accept and how do I pay?
Currently I accept bank transfers and card payments online via Stripe. An invoice is sent out after the work is complete with all payment info.
Can I pay With PayPal?
I do not accept PayPal. Payment with Stripe is just as easy and secure.
How long will my repair/installation take?
Time-frames vary depending on the work required and the current workload. As mentioned above, I’m a one-man operation and work in my free time between full time employment and family time.
Can you sell me **** modchip or Bios on its own?
No, Sorry. I only provide them with installs.
I like some of the consoles in the “Gallery” pages, are they for sale?
Sorry no. I do sometimes help with finding consoles so no harm in asking.
Would you like to but this console/game?
Perhaps… again, no harm in asking…
Can I drop my console/computer off with you rather than posting it?
A. You can indeed. mention it in the quote request.
Will you be able travel to my country/home for a repair or installation? (yes I did get asked this once)
No. I wont be able to do that.
I already have the mod board, chip or kit for my console, can you install it?
Yes that’s perfectly fine. As long as you have the correct kit, I’m happy to just charge for installation. Lots of customers have provided items for installation. Mostly high value items that I cannot provide or hold as stock like the PSIO or DCHDMI.
More questions will be added later.